Aviary mesh is a mesh made from plastic. It is ideal for many diverse uses, including fencing for small animals, for flower beds, or for vegetable gardening. It is commonly utilized as a permanent or temporary fencefor keeping poultry of all weights and sizes, for example chicks, hens, turkeys, etc. Aviary mesh can be employed to contain other small livestock, as well, for example goats or other farm animals such as pigs.
In the case that you need to cage birds that fly, aviary mesh can be employed to build cages by putting it in as walls, ceiling and floor.
Use aviary mesh as a bird block. Outside birds don’t just steal food from livestock, but they also can carry diseases and create hygiene problems, like for example a virus, which farm animals could catch. Population could be seriously reduced and so too your farm’s financial performance.
It can also be used to keep poultry, chicks and even free pets in your yard or patio. Backyard or home garden chicken coops, especially in urban and suburban areas, are a relatively recent phenomenon and are growing in popularity.
The use of aviary mesh protects animals from predators and injury. It also guarantees correct ventilation of a coop, which is fundamental.
Main uses of aviary mesh
- Contain and control movement of chicks, ducks and other poultry.
- Prevent attacks by raccoons, coyotes, foxes, dogs and other predators like mice, rats, snakes and other pests.
- Move the poultry to fresh pasture as a source of food and reduce the risks of diseases in chickens.
- Maintain a small group of poultry in a backyard. When this is well organized, chickens are a fundamental part of the garden, converting insects and weeds into useful manure.
Aviary mesh is easy to adjust in respect to size because you can cut it with any knife and it won’t have sharp edges. The design is simple and attractive and doesn’t stand out in its surroundings. You can use aviary mesh to put up fences with curves, corners or any shape you require, not just squares or rectangles.
Aviary mesh creates a healthy, safe environment for poultry and wildfowl. In fact, it improves the health and productivity by keeping chicken coops cleaner and dryer. It is used on chicken farms to replace the floor, which up till now has been traditionally made with wooden boards in poultry sheds. The flooring made from aviary mesh is mainly used for chickens, ducks, geese, and rabbits. It is resistant to rust and humidity. It is easy to clean which improves the environment on the poultry farm. In fact, bird droppings are very corrosive because of their extremely acid components and are a source of bacteria and, consequently, diseases.
On the other hand, aviary mesh maximizes the chance to exercise for birds on breeding farms for broiler chickens, free range chickens and wildfowl. The simple, light design of the mesh allows you to move it and set it up repeatedly in any shape or size of area. This way you can change the feeding areas as necessary. This improves the wellbeing of the animals – rotating corrals.
Advantages of aviary mesh
- Easy to set up, take down, clean and disinfect.
- Improve health and productivity of poultry.
- Keep chickens cleaner and dryer.
- Reduce time of cleaning and cost of labor.
- Convenient for any size and shape of structure. The panels are easily cut in order to put up.
- Use aviary mesh for different animals.
- Lasts for ten years and is competitively priced.
Aviary mesh is made from extracted, oriented polyethylene and is stabilized against UV rays, which is a guarantee of resistance and long lastingness. It is a better option than traditional chicken wire because it doesn’t rust or corrode and it’s easy to move and reuse.
Aviary mesh comes in a roll and you only need posts or a frame to install it. The material for the posts should be chosen according to the soil – dry, hard, rocky or soft. Just put up the posts, fix them in place and unroll the mesh against them.